Keeping your information private is of the up most importance to us. All personal information given to us will be used in compliance with data protection laws, namely the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What personal data do we collect?
Help to Build may collect the following information for you when you use our website: name, telephone number, date of birth, address, activity, payment information, IP address, browser type and version, and other portable information. All information that is collected from you to us will be always kept on an anonymous basis.
When do we collect your personal data?
We will collect your personal data when you are ordering goods from our website or when you browse our website. We will also use your personal date to send you emails, with offers, surveys, competitions, or deals.
How we use your information and what are our legal justifications for doing so?
The contractual agreement which Help to Build and you is the legal basis for us collecting your personal information. Therefore, we collect your personal data when you place an order to ensure we can meet the contractual agreement. We use this information collected from our contractual agreement to deliver your goods, and to communicate with you about the product or services we have provided for you.
Our second legal basis for gathering personal information from you is our legitimate interest as a business. This enables us to ensure our website is of high quality. Here are some examples of what is in our legitimate interest:
• This may include answering your questions or measuring how satisfied you have been with Help to Builds service. Through this we may make updates to our website, which will improve your future experience with the Help to Build website.
• To provide marketing, post and emails to you which we think might be relevant to you.
• Help to Build will also use your personal data to ensure that we have gathered the correct financial information from you. This is done to prevent fraud, or any other illegal activity. It is in our legitimate interest to do this.
• To monitor usage & trends of customers and use this information to improve our website, making it more efficient for users. It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your data in this way and we do this in order to enhance your shopping experience with us. This allows us to help you find the products and services which you may be looking for and avoids you having to browse through products or services which are not relevant to you.
• Process your registration details, account activity and purchase history to analyse how you shop and what you shop for. This may include information on products you have viewed, historical
• Allow you to create a profile on our website which enables you to purchase Help to Build products and services online without having to fill in your personal data every time you shop online with us
In some cases, we will use your personal data because it's necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency).